Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Best Of 2007

This is a meme idea I picked up from LiveJournal user "eh_notsomuch," only modified to fit my own ends. The original meme idea was to list the first post of each month in the year 2007 to show how you've grown. The problem was that my posts aren't always reflections of my personal life, and some of the first posts of different months were crap and some were waaay too long to reprint in a recap. Instead, I scoured each month and chose a few posts that stuck out in my mind as being absolute favorites. You may or may not agree with my selections, but they are the ones I was most proud of, excluding any forum raids, because I could have probably listed all of those. They're still one of my favorite things to do.

January, 2007:

Yes, This Is Fantasy
Body Modification Slogans

February, 2007:
Rejected Catchphrases

March 2007:
Walmargeddon III: Wal-Mart Versus Target
Describing Bands Obtusely

April 2007:
Jesus H. Christ Versus George W. Bush

May 2007:
Six Very Random Facts
You Have Two Cows
Time For Another Good Idea / Bad Idea

June 2007:
The Top Worst Itchy Places
OH GOD MAKE THE HURTING STOP!!
Rejected Ten Commandments

July 2007:
Tales From The Urban Utopia, Part 2
Imma Buy You A. . .

August 2007:
Describing More Bands Obtusely
Elvis Memorial Marred By Violent Outbreak
How To Tell If You're An Asshole

September 2007:
People Are Too Stupid To Write Checks
Junk Mail Redux

October 2007:
I Would Do Anything For Love, But I Won't
I Cannot Fathom Why K-Mart Still Exists
Your Webcomic Is Bad And Makes Me Want To Slit My Wrists

November 2007:
Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't: Online Dating Edition
The Chinese Are Poisoning Our Children — Four Alternate Takes
I Review Four Insults To Music
Gifts To Avoid This Christmas
Side-Effects May Include…

December 2007:
Media Buzz Words I Hate To See

Overall, I think September was my worst month. I found it really hard to choose anything from that month that really stood out. December was the worst following that, but that was only due to my complete creative breakdown. There were others I could have chosen from each month. I think I made a fair amount of poignant posts, too, but in retrospect, I was proudest of the humorous ones, and of those I enjoyed the list posts the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home