Friday, September 21, 2007

Driving Gripe #♣

Here's the deal. When you're in my lane, you drive my speed. If you get in front of me to pass someone, you'd better punch it or else I'll be coming right up your aft. I'd better not have to break my cruising speed to accommodate you.

Whatever happened to common driving courtesy. For instance, if I'm coming upon someone in the other lane just as they're coming upon someone in front of them, I'll speed up for a few seconds to get past them before they have to slow down for their obstacle. Why is it no one can afford me that same courtesy? Why do I have to be the one to slow down because I'm coming upon a semi and an SUV has been next to me for a half a fucking hour because they're only going two miles per hour faster than I am.

When I'm driving on the interstate, I do all sorts of calculations with the traffic around me, trying to estimate whether or not the person coming up in the passing lane will have time to pass me before I catch up to the vehicle in front of me, or if I'm the vehicle in the passing lane, whether or not I'll inconvenience someone else by not giving them enough time to get over. It's the fucking interstate. What are these people doing for tens or hundreds of miles that they can't figure out what's happening with the traffic around them until it's too late to do anything about it? You have all the time in the world when you're driving hundreds of miles on a wide open exspanse of interstate road. Use this time to your advantage, and by that I don't mean chat on your cell phone or read a fucking book, (seriously!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home