Friday, April 20, 2007

Poetry Corner #5: "Words"

Filler day! I really didn't want to have to do another filler so soon, but I don't have a lot of time today, so here you go. Another old song simply titled "Words," as that's what it's about. Find as much or as little meaning in these lyrics as you wish. I originally had in mind kind of an industrial song, sort of like Nine Inch Nails' "Terrible Lie," with the heavy beat hitting on the word "words" in the verses and a more complex breakdown during the choruses.

Words
Words – tell me what I need to hear
Words – saying what I can only fear
Words – ruining the atmosphere
Killing me with your words

Words of sorrow
Words of hate
Words of passion
In pointless debate
Words of babble
Words of man
Words no one else
Can understand

Words – holding my concentration
Words – filled with righteous indignation
Words – blaspheme my imagination
Killing me with your words

Words of sorrow
Words of hate
Words of passion
In pointless debate
Words of violence
Words that kill
Words of anger
Control my will

Words – spoken by unknown sages
Words – written in history's pages
Words – countless importance through the ages
Killing me with your words

Words of sorrow
Words of hate
Words of passion
In pointless debate
Words of lesson
Words of lies
Words of God
Written in disguise

Words – spoken open callously
Words – hurting me in jealousy
Words – taken in so painfully
Killing me with your words

Words of sorrow
Words of hate
Words of passion
In pointless debate
Words of regret
Words of pain
Words of anger
Spoken in vain

Words – hidden doorways to our hearts
Words – killing me with your poison darts
Words – cutting my soul in tiny parts
Killing me with your words!
Killing me with your words!
Fucking me with your words!
Destroying me with your words!
Killing me with your words!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home