Monday, April 23, 2007

The Future Of Adult Entertainment Is Scary

I took note of a new Vodka on the shelves going by the name of Svedka, which translates roughly to "Swedish Vodka," with a disturbing advertising campaign. It proudly boasts "The future of adult entertainment" with this image:
I immediately thought that if this is "the future of adult entertainment," then the future of adult entertainment is frightening:
Sorry, Svedka, but it's not particularly a turn on to fuck a bicycle. I'll pass. The advertising campaign is set in 2033, in a world where, apparently, gay men and Scientologists rule the world and straight men are apparently relegated to fucking glorified motorcycle women, and by that I don't mean "women who ride motorcycles," but "women who are made out of motorcycles."

I don't know how well this advertising campaign is working because most of the people I know who buy vodka have as much chance of getting the joke as they do of admitting either homosexuality or Scientology. I do know that in the two months we've had it, only one bottle has sold, so I can't be the only one who finds no real connection between homosexuality and imposing looking mechanical women.


np: Alanis Morissette - "Joining You"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home