Saturday, January 28, 2006

FAQ #9: My Anger and My Influences

Q. God damn, you're an angry person!
A. That's not a question.

Q. Okay. Why are you so angry? Do you really hate pretty much everyone and everything?
A. No, of course not. If you knew me in person, you'd find that I'm actually a nice guy. I try to be polite, and I'm pretty non-confrontational. The "me" that is projected by the writing in this Blog is kind of like an alter-ego, if you will. I basically say the things and project an image that I wouldn't normally get away with in society. My main point here is to cut through people's pretentious bullshit, teach people ways that we could be a little nicer and less inconvenient to each other, and try to be a little entertaining in the process.

Q. So who would you say are your main influences when it comes to The Civility Webpage?
A. I have a lot of creative influences in my writing. Some of them I can't even remember. I'll list the ones I can, and maybe the readers can glean examples where they've come through. First, all of the ideas I've written about are my own, except where noted. To help me convey those ideas in an amusing manner, some of my biggest influences have been, in no particular order except as I think of them:
Maddox, George Carlin, Dennis Miller, Jon Stewart, Dave Barry, Henry Rollins, Dane Cook, Kevin Smith, Scott Adams, Norm MacDonald, David Spade, Denis Leary... That's all I can think of right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home